Monday, December 4, 2017

Farmhouse Holiday Cheese Board

 
Cheese Boards! My go-to for Holiday parties. They're delicious, easy, a tad fancy and festive with fresh greens or berries. If you follow me on Instagram then you saw my stories of making this exact cheese board.
 
 
 
 The great thing about a cheese board is that there are no rules. You can add anything you want, and more importantly anything you have in your fridge/pantry. Sometimes I add fruit (fresh and dried).
 
First things first - you need a great wooden board. My sister-in-law got me mine several years ago for a wedding present. Add a piece of fresh greenery.
 
 
 
Cheese comes next. I like several different kinds, mix it up a bit. Something sweet, something savory, maybe something a little spicy.  Lately my go to's are (from left to right) crème brie, blue, blueberry, Dill Havarti and lastly Morel and Leek.
 
 

 
 Look at how pretty....
 
 
Add a couple of different kinds of crackers and salamis..... Be messy, make it look rustic, you don't want everything lined up perfectly.
 

 
 
 
And another picture because its just so darn pretty.... ;)
 
 
Next up I added jalapeno stuffed olives for some heat, sliced herb roasted baguette, and breadsticks for some dimension. 
 
 
 Sprinkle shelled pistachios for a little more of a "messy" look and add fresh herbs. For this one I did Bay leaves, but for Christmastime Rosemary is perfect too.


Wintertime pie crust cutouts to make it a little festive.


 


That's it..... You can whip this up in about 15 minutes. Depending on my crowd and if I am able to get "fancy cheeses" I have even sliced up sharp cheddar and added to the board too. Take a look at my cheese boards throughout the years. I have something different in each one.




















Have a blessed and joyous Holiday Season.... I have some fun posts planned for the blog, now here's to actually doing it. Things have been pretty busy around here getting ready for our sweet boy.

Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS