Wednesday, January 10, 2018

January Organization Update


I see so much posting on social media about the amount of organizing and purging that people are doing. It certainly makes my little "type A" heart happy. A lot of you have reached about about wanting updated on each area that I am organizing and what I really do to organize my home.

So this post will be short and sweet, and if you follow me on Instagram - I post most of these tips there too.

My January 1st - January 7th schedule that I posted last week was bathrooms (downstairs only) and living rooms (upstairs and downstairs).

I pair bathrooms and living rooms together because the living rooms are easy peasy. I don't need to dedicate an entire week to them, although I did throw my front foyer and back hallway in that mix. If you have a busy week try a little something each night, or if you have a couple of certain nights that are busy but not the rest of the week, hit it hard those "off" nights. Here is my room by room cleaning agenda.

BACK HALLWAY/POWDER BATHROOM:

  •  I wipe down all trim work and cabinets with a combination of warm water and Murphy's oil soap. I LOVE Murphy's on my woodwork, it does a great job and has such a clean smell.
  • Take away everything that does not belong. Throw away or put it in it's place. Anything that you notice that gets out of order a lot find a new solution for.
  • Stock up on items. For instance in my powder room I stocked under the sink with toilet paper and replaced some of my dingy hand towels with new. I always buy white (big surprise) towels, you can bleach them and when you have a husband that works in dirt for a living - you need bleach.
  • While I will wait to "wax" my floors when I am ALL done and can clean the whole house once its all organized, I do wipe up each floor on my hands and knees. And I can promise you that this is the only time all year (unless something is really bad or has been spilled) that I do that.
  • Organize linen drawer in back hallway; straighten napkins, etc....

MASTER BATH

  • Again wiped down all woodwork and cabinets.
  • Replace the shelf liner that I have in each drawer.
  • Restock on items needed (and threw away my husbands disgusting razor/trimmer ;))
  • Our drawers (actually mainly mine) get messy pretty quickly so this year I invested in some clear drawer organizers. So far I am loving them. Literally everything has a place.
  • THROW AWAY what you don't use. I don't need 12 tubes of little lip gloss... They went in the trash.
  • I do this often times throughout the year but I took this opportunity to scrub my shower really good too along with other bathroom cleaning.
LIVING ROOM (downstairs)

  • Wiped down all trim and woodwork
  • Clean and organize lower built in cabinet storage (when doing this I am making room for baby items. I will keep diapers, wipes, etc all downstairs too so we don't have to go upstairs every time we need to change a diaper.
LIVING ROOM UPSTAIRS (playroom)

  • You guessed it - wiped down all woodwork.
  • Obviously doesn't get too disorganized yet - did typical cleaning and straightening up of toy bins.
There you have it - that was my first week back. it wasn't too bad and those rooms now feel so good. I know it seems like a lot of work, but I don't do this the rest of the year - at all.... Sure I clean, but I don't spend a lot of time doing it again until next year. I stay on top of things by being organized and staying organized.

Take a look at some of my photos from the past week or cleaning and organizing..... see you next later this week with bedrooms and closets.

I stocked up on baskets at target after Christmas.
These are great and now I have a space for Molly's toys, the babies toys and diapers.




The baskets will help me stay organized and they look "tidy" if the doors are open. 


I didn't get any photos of my master bath organization, 
but this is my hall Powder Room.
 
 
Replaced my game fowl prints with these beautiful citrus and botanical prints.
 
 
 
Back hall/mudroom floor as all wiped up.
 

 
 You guys..... My husband loves movies. These are in a corner by the sofa, so not as easily accessible, but we don't get into them very often.
They are however all categorized by comedy, family, action, etc.... I am picturing a cute blue eyes baby boy having a hay day knocking these all out of order. ;)
 

 

 
 
That's all for this week.... I will be back maybe later in the week for bedroom and closets. Where the real work begins. 


2 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on obey m breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help






    Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on obey m breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on obey m breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS