Friday, August 28, 2015

A Farmers Road Trip... Moline, Il


When you have the opportunity to buy a little bit more land - you jump on it. That's the thing about land - they don't make any more of it. What is here on God's green earth is it. You never turn down this opportunity. BUT that comes with sacrifice, you don't jump off to Florida beach vacations when you are married to a farmer. Although I caught myself dreaming of getting packed up for another trip to Seaside, Fl (see our 2014 trip here), when your life revolves around the weather and the grain market those vacations are not always a yearly thing.

We hadn't planned on any vacation or get away at all. We moved in mid summer and hosted a couple of get together - so our time has been spent on our home - which I love. BUT we made a last minute trip to Moline, IL to the John Deere Pavilion. Typical farmers vacation, took back roads and talked about crops and barns and farms the whole 5.5 hour drive. It was a blast, and after a busy summer with my farmer it was nice to be "stuck" in a car with him..

Take a look at some of my favorite pictures. I was a "typical" tourist and had my big camera around my neck the whole time.

















These were the tired.... so cool...







































1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting the pictures of the older machines. I *love* restored machinery and they were a treat for the eye!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS