Friday, October 2, 2015

Harvest Meal of Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas..... Farmer Approved


With yet another busy week on the farm this crock pot meal was perfect for us Wednesday Night. My farmer and I have a deep love for Mexican Food. I usually make fish tacos once a week, but during Harvest that's not really an easy or practical thing to make. SO MUCH PREP, SO MANY DISHES. I don't want to have all of that to do for a 9:00 P.M. dinner time. So to get our Mexican fix I opted for Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas. Yummy, easy and most importantly, farmer approved.

For most of the crock pot meals I like to cook things on low for several hours as opposed to starting something later in the day on high, but for this particular meal I didn't want my chicken and my veggies to turn to mush so I started them in the afternoon on high for about 4 hours. (I wasn't home but they could have been turned off sooner.)

Cut up 1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green pepper and 1 white onion.


 
Add 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts and a packet of fajita seasoning.






Do not add any water. The veggies and the chicken put off enough moisture to cook. I cooked on high for about 4 hours (plenty of time).










Shred the chicken with two forks - it should just fall apart.



Toasting tortilla's is the easiest thing and adds so much to your normal "tortilla"... If you don't have a griddle like I have here you can use any pan, just brown each side.




AND to really stress the importance of toasting your tortillas... I took 2 pictures. :)



AND because we love spicy food I always add a couple of jalapenos and a bit of Greek yogurt (which I promise tastes like sour cream)....




If this was a normal time of the year for us I would also prepare some guacamole for us to snack on while I make dinner.




We will be done picking corn by the end of the week and since beans are turning fast so will continue to go right into several more week of more harvest meals. Hope you all have a great weekend.  If it's a busy one put this meal in the crock pot - you won't be sorry!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS