Thursday, June 15, 2017

Herbed Lemon Goat Cheese Dip with Toasted Baguette

 
I'm always looking for easy recipes of things I have on hand to throw together at the last minute. Nothing beats an old (or new) friend coming over for a glass of wine, delicious snack and great girl talk.
 
 
That's where Herbed Lemon Goat Cheese Dip and a toasted Baguette comes to play. Delicious, sort of fancy, and so easy. 




Start by zesting and juicing your lemon.




Add crumbled goat cheese, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper and gently mix in a medium sized bowl.


I bake and serve in these adorable little ramekins. I purchased these last summer from Target - and at just a few dollars each I use them for everything... Dips, dressings, sauces, snacks...








I gathered up several different herbs I had from my little herb garden on the back porch. You can use a combination of whatever you have. I have rosemary, thyme and parsley. Quite the combination.  Isn't that beautiful.


All prepped in a little ramekin.




Meanwhile I slice a baguette, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a touch of salt.

Right before baking I add a touch of olive oil to each of my ramekins.


Bake on 350° for 15-18 minutes or until cheese becomes golden brown on the edge.

 
A couple of glasses of Pinot Gris later and I lave such an elegant and more importantly easy snack for girlfriends.







RECIPE:
 
Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
  • juice from 1 lemon + lemon zest
  • Fresh Herbs
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • toasted baguette slices or crackers to serve

  • Instructions
    1. Heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
    2. In a bowl add the softened goat cheese, lemon juice, zest, leaves from the herb sprigs, pepper and salt. Mix together.
    3. Transfer to an oven safe ramekin and drizzle the olive oil on top
    4. Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly and the cheese is heated all the way through.
    5. Serve warm.









    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
     
    SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS