Sunday, January 5, 2014

A New Year…. 2014


2013 has been pretty good to me. I feel this past year i have really found myself… Finding your place in this world, finding your purpose in this world, realizing what you are here - that's what it's all about. 

I may never find the cure to cancer or walk on the moon, but what i do here each and everyday at this farmhouse on this farm, that's what is important to me, that's my life - and let me tell you, its a pretty darn good one!!



I was up late the other night browsing Pinterest, when i came across this….





The truth is I have never been one to get caught up in the hype of New Year's resolutions… I prefer to set goals for myself for the stage in my life I am in.  When i make goals, things happen. I have always been a list maker. Grocery lists, to do lists, need lists, want lists… You name it, I jot it down. It's how I keep my sanity… I like a neat, tidy life. In a world of so many uncertain things, I guess that's a way of keeping control of what I can.



I will have a goal each day, no matter how big or small

I will eat real food - good healthy, real food (there is a roast in the crock pot now)

I will read more books

I will drink more water

I will exercise daily (or least 5 days a week)

I will shop for quality (my farmer will say I have no problem doing so)

I will decrease clutter, i hate clutter and have slim to none, but I would be more than happy to decrease my farmers clutter

I will hug those I love - every chance i get

I will find the best in others, I am so blessed to have such good people in my life, that isn't a hard thing to do.

I will show others the best in me. There is good in me, i will let that be shown more in 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS