Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Independence Day

Hi Everyone -

Greeting from the farm.... We got more rain last night, and being my third week as an official "farm wife" I have heard that rain this time of year is very good; however dwindling grain markets are not... BUT our crops are tall and green, weeds are short and brown, nothing has flooded and nothing has dried up. No matter the circumstances God continues to take care of us year after year.

My farmer and I spent the Fourth of July with our families. His parents, grandparents and sister and brother in law came to my parents house for a day filled with lazy time in the pool, BBQ, cobbler and fireworks. It was just such a fun day - lots of memories, even more laughs and  of coarse, lots and lots of pictures.

Before I get to cute pool/fireworks pictures let me show you some of my favorite ways to "decorate" for the Fourth.

I like to have this flag hanging from my tree most of the summer - or at least the important flag related holidays (Memorial Day, Flag Day, Fourth of July) 


little tiny flags are added to all of my indoor plants


and around the neck of my live ivy bunny... 


simple zinnias from my garden in a little mason jar 


We received this preserved boxwood wreathe as a wedding present - so i added a little flag print ribbon to it. 


little flags also adorn most of my outdoor things as well... 



next year we will be in our new home and I have already pictured large buntings hanging from the top of my new porch. 





I like to keep the decor very simple (almost elegant)... It's really a great look for the entire summer, because as always, summer goes by entirely too quickly and soon it will be pumpkins and mums...

Now on to fun pool and fireworks pictures...



Fun golf cart rides always happen at grandpa and grandpas. 



and lots of poolside snacks


Mommy hugs.....



Swimming with daddy like I am a big boy... 


or hanging our in the kids pool too


learning new tricks off the diving board




me and my new sister in law... It's been official just for a few weeks, but really from the very beginning I have always loved her as a sister... For my cute pineapple print dress click here


My farmer and his brother in law... The four of us always have the best time...


sparklers... one of my favorites... 


My parents home.... my childhood home... in Miranda Lambert's words, it's the house the built me. 



Every year on the fourth of July I want to get our picture taken by this tree with this flag... 


My farmer and my Sammy.... 



"Dad... when can I do fireworks too"


her eyes, her smile, her heart, her laugh.... this kid has it all... 




Flag shorts... be still my heart... 










my farmers dad and grandpa... adding these two great men to my life has been such a blessing..








my sweet Ava.... my oldest niece. I always tell her that she's my first love. It's true-the first time i fell in love was with this sweet kid almost 10 years ago... 


and.... Holidays would not be complete without some festive cupcakes (filled with lemon pudding)... They had a rough ride there so excuse the presentation...



I hope that you and your families have had a wonderful summer. Soon it will be over but for now I'll listen to the crickets and corn and I hope that you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS