Saturday, July 5, 2014

Farm Photo Contest



Hi All,

I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July. We spent the day in the pool, drinking cold beer, playing with kids, eating some of the first corn on the cob, visiting with grandparents, eating cobbler,  and of coarse, shooting off some fireworks. I will blog about that (and some yummy roasted potato salad) later this week - for now, onto pictures of the farm.

Last week I entered a photo contest at the Missouri State Fair. I was reading about it in one of the farm blogs that I read daily and since I had just gotten my first DSLR (aka fancy) camera, I figured... why not??

So, after reading and highlighting important info in my little Canon booklet (call me a dork) I slipped on my boots and headed out the door to snap pictures of our farm. I should mention that this is an amateur "competition".... I am not a photographer, not even close, but it's fun and makes me happy, and I am getting plenty use out of something expensive (which makes my farmer happy).

Take a look at some of my shots.... Enjoy this beautiful farm scenery that I get to wake up to every single day....



























and this is the picture that made it to the contest... I do love all of these photos, but there is just something about the flying flag and beautiful dark green corn (Thank you Jesus for the rain and cooler temps - perfect during pollination).....



From my farm to you....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS