Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Lichte's New Farmhouse..... Week 20

It was a big week ... Framing is DONE... and our roof is close to half way on (minus the tin on the front porch which will take a couple of weeks to come in).. My farmer and I are breathing a little sigh of relief to have our home almost fully covered. It's a nice feeling to know that our floors will see no more rain/snow.... But I am pretty sure my farmer is going to miss his three new friends (the guys on the framing crew)....

Week 20 (I can't believe its been 20 weeks since we have started)

Still waiting on our front door so that's the big open space in the front left.






I love how the back of our house is looking... With it almost all shingled and the windows in - it's really coming together. Now I can't wait for siding and shutters.





We are also still waiting on our french doors onto our back porch and two windows. All of them have transom windows above-so therefore it took a little bit longer. 

We also got the concrete floor to our back porch. 



It's not really finalized yet - but I am really excited to share my garage doors with you. That will be on next weeks blog (I can hardly wait).... They are perfect - very farmhouse-ish..


Today was a beautiful day... My farmer spent it in the field getting last minute things done before another round of rain and I spent it sweeping up the new house.

As I jammed to Luke Bryan on pandora radio and walked around picking up little pieces of scrap wood and sweeping, I couldn't help but walk to the front of the house and look upstairs. I could almost hear the pitter patter of little feet running around playing, next I walked into the kitchen and saw busy mornings with cereal and toast, lazy Sunday afternoons on the couch in the living room, the outside where the front steps will be- and where I will take my kids picture every year in the same spot on the first day of school. And I can't forget the porch swing where I will most definitely be rocking a baby to sleep someday. I saw our whole life in that house and let me tell you - It was a beautiful one.

Building a house is hard, it's expensive, it's stressful, it's consuming, did I mention it's expensive - But building our home meant building our life, a house may just be four walls, but I can promise you that this farmhouse is much more than that - it's our everything (and a good chunk is the banks too)





1 comment:

  1. Hi Kirby!

    I love your new house - wow, it's going to be gorgeous! And now I can see why you have been so busy, as you mentioned in my Christmas Exchange surprise that you sent me. :) By the way, I loved all the goodies - so perfect. And that coffee mug - so funny! I can tell we would have so much fun if we were neighbors. I'm enjoying getting to know you through your blog (love the design of it, by the way). Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!

    Lara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS