Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Lichte's New Farmhouse..... Week 21


Merry Christmas Eve everyone....

This post (that I normally do on Sunday evenings) is three days late. I am sure just like everyone else the past week has been crazy busy. I am seriously just getting the chance to sit down that doesn't include making a grocery list or wrap a present.

My farmer and I put up no Christmas decorations this year. It was a wise choice - we have no room for a Christmas Tree in our house that is full of light fixtures and other house things, but I do miss the warmth of the Christmas tree lights.  While my farmer was pleased with the decision to nix all Christmas decor, I made him promise that we will go all out next year. I can bet you that that will be a promise that he may live to regret....

Back to the house stuff... It's been spitting rain all week so roofing has been very minimal this week.

Take a look at Week 21 progress picture.


I have never been that crazy about the back of the house (probably because of this house my backyard will consist of a corn field) but it's just never been one of my favorite things... NOW with the windows in and almost all the shingles on and talking about back porch pillars, it's definitely starting to inspire me.
Last week i mentioned a surprise about my garage doors. 

I have known that I wanted the barn style garage doors, but haven't had any luck in finding some for our size (we have taller and wider doors)... My husband has always used Quality Overhead Door out of Odessa, and that very very nice gentlemen that owns that Company has offered to custom make me some garage doors. (Which reminds me - I need to make him some cinnamon rolls). 


This is what it will end up looking like..... Aren't they perfect - and farmhouse(ish)
AND to end it with a view of our house from the gravel road. (Yes, I had my farmer drive slow so I could take a picture) Next year it will be covered in Christmas Lights and garland...
 

I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas. I am headed to iron our Christmas Outfits (yes, at 30 years old I still have a "Christmas Dress") and head to dinner with our family and Christmas Eve Church Service. 

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. 

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you as well and your family! It is truly a great time for you to spend Christmas in this new farm house. You must be very happy and delighted for your new place.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS