Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Lichte's New Farmhouse..... Week 27

HI....
 
I am a couple of days behind on this.... I normally tend to write my blog posts Sunday late afternoon, but none of you really expected me to do that Super Bowl Sunday, did you? It's kind of been stressful here lately with house type stuff, but when looking on the bright side it could always be worse.... I could be Pete Carroll. That was harsh - sorry Seattle...
 
Back to the house.... Week 27's photo.... This is not taken from the bottom of the hill as normal, it is taken from my car on the gravel road.
 
It's been really cold here - But maybe I was just used to the beautiful weather of Austin, Texas. My farmer, his family and I spent last weekend there for a wedding. It was absolutely beautiful and such a neat city. Very hipster, which is the exact opposite of me - but it was nice to escape country life for a big city. Did I mention that we had Bloody Mary's for Breakfast. But of coarse just three days away we were both itching to get back to our gravel road.
 
 


 





Raise your hand if you are tired of seeing snow in your house (my hand is raised).... But I know my beautiful garage doors will be done soon...


This is the insert to our fireplace although the darker brick is being replaced with a traditional red brick insert. Red brick will also surround our fireplace with white trim/mantel.


 
 
 
 
There are a lot of exciting new things happening this week (Week 28) at the house, but you will have to wait until next week to see them.
 
I got a FEW good shots of Austin. I tried not to be too touristy (camera around my neck at all times) while I was there. PLUS we were usually pretty busy with things so I didn't do as good of a job at taking pictures as I would have liked.
 

 
 


 







Excuse the poor quality.... these are from camera phones.... That's why I refuse to take my pictures with just my phone. They do not compare to a real camera....








Have a great rest of your week everyone..... I promise that Week 28 will have more.


1 comment:

  1. The darker brick lining really looks regal and imposing. I don't know if it's the Monolith vibes I always get from those types of furnishes, but it certainly compliments your fireplace a great deal. Your fireplace will just have to work real right to stave you off the creeping weather and really live up to its whole aesthetic. Thanks for sharing that! All the best!

    Lindsey Mckenzie @ Buchanan Fire and Outdoor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS