Monday, September 1, 2014

Seaside, Florida Family Vacation



Seaside, Florida, founded in 1981... A town filled with pastel homes, picket fences, brick roads, family bike rides, ice cream shops, sugar-like sand and teal blue waters... It sounds like a little slice of heaven doesn't it, it was just that to our family for a week at the beginning of August. 

After the long drive (15 hours) when we got there we dumped our bags off at the house and headed to the beach. 











We arrived on a Sunday afternoon. The next day was a very lazy relaxing day. Beach and pool time...  Tuesday morning my farmer and I along with my brother and sister in law (our Nashville Companions) headed into town to have some lunch and do some exploring/shopping.... 




We stopped for lunch at the Shrimp Shack. 







I had a lobster roll.... perfection. 


AND one of many mango daiquiri's on our trip 





After lunch we did a little more exploring and a little more shopping








The middle of town was lined with airstream trailers that served food all day. 




This house was just right across the street from where we stayed and it was right on the beach. Very beautiful. They have a pool out back and at night it was lit up beautifully. 



AND of course this farm girl found a little local shop filled with cow prints.. I got the one to the far left (black and white cow)..



The next day my farmer and I along with my cousin Lauren headed into Rosemary Beach. Another town just down the road. 


It was bigger and more commercialized. Not quite the little slice of heaven as Seaside is, but still a very cool little town. Sort of a European feel to it. 



My cousin Lauren, I don't have a childhood memory without this girl in it. 


And you can't go to the South without a little Lilly Pulitzer shopping. Luckily i didn't purchase anything and as soon as I got home they had an end of summer sale. 


Most mornings I woke up and with my camera and coffee I went exploring... Wednesday morning was no exception but I grabbed my two nieces to go along with me. 








See the dolphins... 





These houses are right across the street from the house that we stayed in and they are right on the water too. 








On Tuesday morning our group made this sand castle with the help of some sand castle lessons. 


Look at the detail - didn't they do a great job. 



This is the Cowgirl Kitchen. A great little diner right next to where our house was. They had great fresh food... (drunken Fish Tacos and Turkey Avocado BLT were some of my favorites)... My farmer however was more partial to the Twisted Lemonades. 


The rest are just some of my favorite photos (out of 1,000)... 




















Thursday night we rented the beach for the evening and had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows and lit sparklers.... It was so much fun. 



I waited all week to wear this fish dress... I got it at J Crew and tried to attach the link to it, but they must be sold out. If you happen to find one anywhere snatch it up... 



Another sand creation




I hope you enjoyed a sneak peak into our week in Seaside, Florida. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS