Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Lichte's New Farmhouse Week 10



Guess what? We have wood starting to go up... This is what I have been waiting for.  Ahhh it feels so good to be at this point. 



This is my week by week spot.. We got over 3 inches of rain so you can tell that our smooth fit work from last week is a little rough this week. 

This is the metal that will go on the top of the basement storage room/storm shelter...


3+ inches of rain will delay construction a bit and leave my basement with.... water.... Hopefully this will be the last of it, for a while at least. 








 Well... That's all for Week 10. I know everything is going to start happening pretty fast now. We have already finalized our windows and patio doors, so I can only imagine that we will have actual walls soon.

We have lots of windows on the front our our house (10) and lots on the back of the house (10 plus a french door and some transoms) BUT we have NI windows on the East (the garage) and West side of the house... It will be interesting to see what our natural light situation will be. 

We went with Anderson Windows and it was so great to be able to order all of that stuff locally at out hardware store in town (Community Lumber)...They were very informative and helpful. 

When building a home there are many decisions... Everything down to what grilles you want in your windows. After changing my mind a couple of times, we decided to go with this one. 

(It's a little blurry but just a simple + sign grille in the top only) Very simple, very country. 


I hope that you all have a good week. My farmer will be back in the field tomorrow after a few "rain days"... With the difficult time we had last week it sure was nice to have him home more with me. 

Here's to good weather this next week (for my farmer and my builder)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS